Classes: Watch for classes offered privately, coming soon.
Friday March 16th, 2018, Emceeing Words on Ice literary reading at WordsThaw Writers Festival.
Thursday Feb. 2nd, Groundhog Day–reading at the Copper Owl, in Victoria, for Truth and Shadows: a CNF reading.
Sunday, Feb. 5th: Love, Poetry and Chocolate at the GVPL. Info here!
Tuesday, February 28th: Book Launch! Munro’s Books. Doors at 7, reading at 7:30. Music and cupcakes and signing, too!
Saturday March 4th: Fat Oyster Reading Series and workshop in Fanny Bay, BC.
Friday, March 24th, feature reader at Planet Earth Poetry, Hillside Coffee and Tea.
Wednesday, April 19th: feature reader at The Rabbit Hole reading series at The Copper Owl, Victoria.
Saturday, April 22nd, all-day workshop @ Royal Roads U, Colwood
April 29th, blue-pencilling and reading at the FBCW, Nanaimo
September 27, 2017: “Speaking The Unspeakable” panel discussion and reading at Victoria Festival of Authors.
Host of a reading and panel discussion of 2016 Victoria Butler Book Prize shortlisted writers, on Wed. Sept. 21st, for the Victoria Festival of Authors.
Recent readings, Spring 2016:
Wednesday, March 9th, Salt Spring Island Library, 7 pm. With Kathleen Winter and Kathy Page.
Wednesday, March 16th, Warren Review’s Event Series “The Rabbit Hole,” at The Copper Owl, Victoria BC
Past Readings / Appearances:
- Pop-up writing class: May 29th, Oak Bay. Here’s the info.
- MISSA: I facilitated a 2-day workshop in beautiful Metchosin, July 2 & 3. Throwing Your Voice.
- Thursday, October 22nd, 2015: Hillside Coffee and Tea, Victoria BC, with Yvonne Blomer and Bonnie Reilly Schmidt. 7:30 pm.
- June 5th, 2015. Elevate The Arts, Courtenay, BC , reading with four other writers at the Art Gallery, 7 pm.
- June 7th, 2015. One Day Writing Workshop, Cumberland, BC. For more info: the Facebook Event.
- June 15th, 2015. Fairfield Market. Elements Reading Series. 7 pm.
- May 16th, 2015: reading from “This Place a Stranger,” an anthology of tales about women travelling alone. Pender Island, BC, Talisman Books.
- May 2nd, 2015: Backbeat Books, Perth ON. Book launch and reading, 1 – 5 pm. Reading at 4 p.m.
- May 5th, 2015: Stella Luna Gelato, Ottawa, ON. Book launch and reading. 7 p.m.
- May 6th, 2015: The Pivot Reading Series in Toronto, ON. 8 p.m.
- May 8th, 2015: Epic Books, Hamilton, ON. 7 p.m
- April 14th, 2015: Munro’s Books, Victoria. Read Local BC event–“On The Road.”
- March 21st, 2015: Wordsthaw, Brief Encounters, University of Victoria.
- Feb. 20th, 2015: Planet Earth Poetry, in Victoria.
- Feb. 25th, 2015: Incite Reading Series, a Vancouver Writers Festival series, Vancouver Public Library.
- January 20, 2015: Strangers on a Train, a Langara College event in Vancouver, BC.
- January 21st, 2015: yoUnlimited: When Women Write. Victoria, BC.
- Real Vancouver Writers Series, November 21st, 2014. I was very excited to go off-island to take part in this event. So. Much. Fun.
- I emceed the Victoria launch of I Found it at the Movies in September, an anthology of poems about the cinema (Guernica Editions). 1275 Oscar Street, Victoria BC. Sponsored by The Malahat Review and The Victoria Writers Festival.
- The launch of THE PULL OF THE MOON! Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at Munro’s Books, 1108 Government Street, Victoria BC. Everyone welcome. Cupcakes, sparkly drinks and pre-launch live music included.
- Tuesday, October 7th, At the Mic, Russell Books.
- And, on Saturday, November 8th, I took part in a panel discussion and reading at the Victoria Writers Festival, called The Pull of the Short Story. How exciting to be reading and talking with Bill Gaston, Doretta Lau, D.D. Miller and John Gould!